Custom Search

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The Batman Pattern (e-minis)

Very active futures overnight. New high by far. I do see the telltale signs of negative divergence on stochs/MACD which is a sign its likely closer to the latter stages of advance more than the middle or end. Of course what happens after is what we await with eagerness or trepidation depending on what your outlook is.



I've seen it so many times now that everytime I see it, I sense its going higher, at least for the short term but usually it winds up a very nice move.

I don't know if there is a proper name for the pattern, but I assume the price action is accumulation on the left side, then attempt at first breakout results in a beat down. And then holding support and more accumulation on the right wing and then eventually bam its gonna go higher and usually in a big way.

The head is usually narrower and sharper and has two prominent points that form the bat ears (hence batman pattern). This example isn't the greatest but it'll suffice.

blog comments powered by Disqus